General Contractor Course Outline
- Understanding the UCC. 3-Hours
- Introduction to the Uniform Construction Code (UCC). Understanding how to search and locate important information and areas of interest affecting contractors on a daily basis.
- Contractors and the Rehab Sub Code. 3-Hours
- Introduction to the New Jersey Rehab Subcode N.J.A.C. 5:23-6 Working in existing any existing building, understanding the exceptions and critical amendment, modifications and exceptions to assorted codes used in New Jersey.
- What Codes Do I following Today. 3-Hours
- Learn how to confirm what codes apply to you. Understand the importance of permit application dates.
- ASCE and The Energy Code in NJ. 3-Hours
- Introduction to the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Energy Code and the many changes affecting today’s construction.
- Permits, Permits, Permits! 3-Hours
- Understanding the varying types of permits contractors are required to obtain. What types of permits can be filed electronically and how to file electronically.
- How to speed up your inspections. 3-Hours
- Understanding the varying types of work as defined by the UCC and the associated types of permits and specific time requirements to your benefit.
- No Permit Needed! 3-Hours
- Clarification on what type of work does not require permits, what to do about notices of violations and penalties.
- Permit Fees. 3-Hours
- Understanding the method used to calculate a permit fee. Locating a municipality’s fee schedule.
- Technology Helping the General Contractor. 3-Hours
- Exposure to the assorted online resources directly related to contractors everyday needs. This topic will touch on subject matter in all course listed above.
Hamilton Fire House (Neptune)10 Jumping Brook Rd Neptune Township, NJ 07753 732-922-6576 Map & Directions
Cost per 3-hour course per person is $125.00.
Cost for Saturday 6-hour course per person $200.00
Sign Up Here